UP State’s Food and Civil Supplies Department (fcs.up.gov.in) is providing rations to people who belong below the poverty line (BPL) category. As you all know, the world is facing a big issue of the coronavirus outbreak. Many countries have been under lockdown for months. India has also been under lockdown since 24th March 2020. The government has announced many relief packages for poor people, farmers, and migrant labourers to help them in this lockdown situation. The government also announced that they would provide essential food items and other essentials to the people who belong below the poverty line (BPL) category. UP government taking the next step into the central government’s decision announced that they would provide free ration, i.e., essential food items to people of UP state living under the lockdown situation. Due to this critical situation, UP’s CM Yogi Adityanath himself announced that people holding an Antyodaya Ration Card, MGNREGA cardholders, construction workers, and people belonging to the BPL category would get 15 kg of rice for free and 20 kgs of wheat for a month in this lockdown situation. Citizens of UP state are allowed to take essential food items from the UP Food and Civil Supplies Department. But due to lockdown, many beneficiaries could not find their names on the list. Please read this guide to find the steps to check out the latest Ration Card list, also known as the FCS list for FY 2020-2021 on UP Food and Civil Supplies Department’s online portal: fcs.up.nic.in. I will also share the steps to apply for the new ration card offline as the government has started the offline registration of Ration Card in regional offices for farmers.
Table of Contents
Types of Ration Card issued by FCS Department of UP Government.
- APL UP Ration Card: APL ration cards are issued for people above the poverty line (APL). No income limit is prescribed for any citizen who can apply for an APL ration card, and the card colour is ORANGE.
- BPL UP Ration Card: BPL ration cards are issued for people below the poverty line (BPL). BPL ration cards are RED in colour.
- Antyodaya UP Ration Card: Antyodaya ration card is issued to the most deprived family. This category consists of older unemployed people who have no fixed income. These ration cards are YELLOW in colour.
How to check the Ration Card list on UP’s Food and Civil Supplies Department’s online portal: fcs.up.nic.in?
The Government of Uttar Pradesh has released a report of the name of the person who had applied for the New Ration Card in March 2023 on the FCS portal. Families residing in the APL/BPL Ration Card Category can use ration cards to take advantage of essential food grains at more affordable or subsidized prices. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the UP ration card list on the FCS portal (fcs.up.gov.in).
- Open the UP government’s FCS portal (Food and Civil Services Department), i.e., fcs.up.gov.in.This portal is named the “AAPURTI-Food and Civil Services Department” by the government.
- Find the “Important Links (NFSA)” section on the portal. Then click on the second option, which is the “Eligibility list of NFSA.”
- It will open the “ONLINE RATION CARD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” of UP state with the list of districts. The list will show you the details such as District Name, Types of ration card, and the stats regarding ration card distribution. You can check the stats if you want to check. To check the ration card list of FY 2023, then search your district and click on it.
- After clicking on the district, two lists will open, one with the town list and another one with the rural areas. Check your town or a rural area and click on it.
- On the next page, it will show you the list of shop owners that distribute the ration in your area. If you know the shop owner of your area who distributes the ration, then click on the number against that name under the ration card column. You can also check for the Antyoday Ration Card list.
- Then on the next page, all ration card holders list will appear who are under that shop, which is selected in the previous step. The list will have information such as Digitized Ration Card Number, Holder’s Name, Father’s / Husband’s Name, Mother’s Name, Total Units, and Date of issuing ration card. You can search your card by the Digitized Ration Card Number or by your name also. Then click on your Digitized Ration Card Number.
- The Ration Card of that Digitized Ration Card Number will open with all details such as eligibility list and details of the members linked to that ration card. You can see the ration card example below:
- If you have any issues getting the ration card list on the FCS portal, then please watch the video tutorial below:
FCS Portal (fcs.up.gov.in) Overview
FSC Portal is the portal of the Food and Civil Services Department of UP state, which is also known as the “AAPURTI.” The FCS portal was created to digitalize the food and civil services department. Things are listed below:
- You can check the Latest Ration Card List.
- You can download the Ration Card registration form.
- Search for Antyodaya/BPL cards made under TPDS.
- You can download the FPS e-Challan.
How to Apply for a UP Ration Card 2023?
Follow the steps mentioned below to get Uttar Pradesh state’s Ration Card:
- Visit the FSC Portal of the Food and Civil Services Department to download the application form.
- You have to print the downloaded form and fill the information in the form.
- Then you have to submit the duly filled form to the Food and Civil Services Department office in urban areas, and people living in rural areas can submit the form to Tehsil office.
- You have to take the acknowledgment receipt from the office where you submitted the form for the new ration card.
- You will receive the ration card with the ration seller details after a few days.
Documents required for UP Ration Card.
- Aadhar Card will be required to apply for a new ration card.
- Voter ID is also required of applicants.
- Electricity bill with the name of the Head of a household.
- Age proof for all household members is required.
- LPG connection number is also required.
- Recent Passport Size Photographs.
- Bank Statement or Passbook.
- Applicant Caste Certificate.
- The income proof of the applicant.
Benefits of UP Ration Card.
- Ration card is an important document to take advantage of government schemes. With this ration card, you can get ration, wheat, rice & oil, etc. at an affordable price from the nearest ration shop.
- If you apply for a Voter ID card, then you must attach a copy ration card as a document.
- Ration card copy is valid for taking a telephone connection / SIM card.
- Ration card is also used as an address proof document for your driving license.
- Ration card is also used to make a passport.
- Those with Antodaya Cards will get an exemption in government works. With the help of the Antodaya card, children can apply for a scholarship.
Helpline Numbers for the UP Ration Card available on the FCS Portal.
- If the citizens of the state of Uttar Pradesh have any kind of complaint or need any information related to the ration card, then they can contact their ration distribution/regional officer. For complaints and queries, the Food and Civil Services (FCS) Department has provided toll-free numbers for the public which are mentioned below:
- 1800 1800 150
- 1800 1800 1967
- If you have any complaints or any doubts regarding the UP ration card list posted on the FCS Portal and the process of new ration card registration, then please contact the above helpline numbers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about UP Ration Card and FCS Portal.
Q. Can we apply for the UP Ration Card online?
A. NO, you can’t apply for the UP Ration Card online, but you can download the application form of ration card online on FCS Portal.
Q. How to check the list of Uttar Pradesh Ration Card?
A. I have written a detailed guide to check the list of Uttar Pradesh Ration Card 2020. Please read the guide.
Q. How to add a new member’s name to your ration card?
A. If you want to add the family name to the list of ration card, then for this you will have to go to the Food and Civil Services Department office in the urban area and in a rural area, or you can go to the Tehsil office where you will be given an application form in which you will have to fill your information and submit it in the office. The food and Civil Services Department will add the name of the new member of your family to the list of ration cards.
Q. I have applied for a ration card, why is my name not on the list?
A. The list of names gets updated shortly after applying. The concerned officers of the department keep adding the names of the newly approved ration card applicants. I urge you to wait a bit in such a situation.
I hope you have understood all the information related to UP Ration Card List 2020 and the FCS Portal. If you want any other information related to the ration card, then you can comment on the post in the comment box below. Our team will surely answer all your questions. Meanwhile, you can check out other government schemes here. Thank you.
For more updates, please visit our homepage.