UP Agriculture Scenario: Agriculture is the mainstay of Uttar Pradesh’s economy and about 65 percent of the population is based on agriculture. The agriculture sector has an important contribution to the economic development of the state. According to the data for the year 2014–15, about 165.98 lakh hectare (68.7%) area is cultivated in the state. According to Agricultural Census 2010-11, there are 233.25 lakh farmers in Uttar Pradesh. It is the result of the hard work and efforts of the farmers in the direction of increasing production and productivity by using the modern technology of agriculture that agriculture has made the state self-reliant in food security and brought it to “excess of need”.
In the year 2015-16, against the target of production of 626.64 lakh metric tonnes, 439.47 lakh metric tonnes of food grains were produced, in which 159.12 lakh metric tonnes of foodgrains were produced in Kharif and 280.35 lakh metric tonnes in Rabi.
Table of Contents
Annual Growth of UP agriculture:
Keeping an annual growth rate of 5.1 percent for the Agriculture Department in the financial year 2016-17, a target has been set to achieve a production level of 659.49 lakh metric tonnes of foodgrains, against which an estimate of 539.14 lakh metric tonnes of foodgrains is produced and under Kharif 180.25. lakh metric tonnes of food grains were produced and 355.90 lakh metric tonnes food grains are estimated to be produced in Rabi. Similarly, against the target of 14.13 lakh metric tonnes (net) in oilseed crops, it is estimated to be 10.37 lakh metric tonnes.
Seed Distribution by UP agriculture:
In the year 2015–16, against the target of 52.26 lakh kg, 45.53 lakh seeds were distributed. In the year 2016–17, seeds of 51.06 lakhs have been distributed against a total of 55.63 lakhs. In which 10.87 lakhs in Kharif and 40.53 lakhs in Rabi seeds were distributed.
Fertilizer Distribution by UP agriculture:
In the year 2015-16, 73.64 lakh metric tonnes of fertilizer was distributed against the target of 888.67 lakh metric tonnes of fertilizer distribution, making available 108.39 lakh metric tonnes of fertilizer. In the year 2016–17, 66.85 lakh kg of seeds were distributed against the total target of 89.50 lakh metric tonnes, making available 103.64 lakh metric tonnes. Special emphasis was laid on the use of phosphorus and potash along with nitrogen to achieve the desired production and maintain soil health, which has encouraged the use of balanced fertilizer.
Loan Disbursement by UP agriculture:
In the year 2015-16, crop loan disbursement of Rs 66478.89 crore was made against the crop loan disbursement target of Rs 84021.09 crore. In the year 2016-17, crop loan disbursement of Rs 73271.74 was made against the crop loan disbursement target of Rs 93212.60 crore. In which crop loan disbursement of Rs 30051.07 crore and Rs 43220.67 crore has been made in Kharif.
How to track the Direct Benefit Transfer on the UP agriculture portal?
- Open the UP agriculture portal from here. Then find and click on the “अनुदान खाते में भेजने की प्रगति जानें ” tab.
- Then the page with Direct Benefit Transfer information will open. If you want to know in detail about the transfers then click on “प्रगति जाने”. It will show you the balance and material madam.
How to check the List of UP agriculture Beneficiaries UP agriculture portal?
- Open the UP agriculture portal from here. Then find and click on the “लाभार्थियों की सूची
- Then you will get the various options to search the beneficiary online. You can choose one option then fill the information and click on “सूची देखे”.
- Then select the name of the item from the list.
- Then click on the numbers situated opposite to the Janpad list in the table.
- After clicking on that you will get the beneficiary list then you can find your name on the list.
Benefit distribution of important schemes by UP agriculture department.
You can check the benefit distribution of important schemes by UP agriculture department online using the below-mentioned links:
- Physical progress of the farm pond scheme (with photos)- Click here to check.
- Solar pump beneficiary list- Click here to check.
- Planning for development of organic farming in district Hamirpur- Click here to check.
- Additional grant distribution list of DBT to registered farmers- Click here to check.
- Agriculture Development Plans – List of beneficiaries of the RKVY (BGREI) scheme- Click here to check.
- List of Trained Agricultural Entrepreneurs Self-reliance Scheme – Click here to check.
- List of selected villages for the Vermi Compost Scheme- Click here to check.
- Physical progress of farm pond in Prime Minister Agricultural Irrigation Scheme (with photos)- Click here to check.
- List of details of beneficiaries of establishment centers in districts- Click here to check.
Thanks for reading the article. Please check the other government schemes here.