TNREGINET Portal is an online service portal for citizens of Tamil Nadu state developed by the Tamil Nadu government. People can use the TNREGINET portal also known as the Inspector General of Registration (IGRS) Tamil Nadu portal for registration of marriage, death, birth, chit funds, and many other services. You can even check the encumbrance certificate on the TNREGINET portal. To use these online services, first, you have to register on the TNREGINET portal which is also known as the TNIGR portal.
Table of Contents
How to register on the TNREGINET portal aka TNIGR portal?
TNREGINET portal allows users to register directly on the portal to submit any application or to create any document in Tamil or English. The below-mentioned workflow diagram will explain to you the registration process in short.
- Open the official website of the TNREGINET portal. This is the home page of the portal where the user can register with a new user-name and password. Only after creating the registration ID users can use the online services available on the portal.
- Select the user registration option under the registration tab.
- After User Registration, you can use registration services such as marriages, chits, society, and firms in Document Creation. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Select the user type.
- Type the username of your choice.
- Create the password of your choice but follow the rules mentioned in the right column while creating a password.
- If the password is created as per the mentioned rules then it will be highlighted in green color. Then re-enter the same password in the text box “confirm password”.
- In the security question box, select any security question and provide the answer to that security question in the answer box.
- Users have to enter the personal details such as name, address, gender, email address, date of birth, mobile, identification type, and identification number in the respective fields.
- Mandatory fields are marked with a red star “*”
- Then users have to enter the captcha code to complete the registration process on the TNREGINET portal.
- You can sign in the option to sign in to the portal.
Now people can access the online services on the TNREGINET portal. Check the list of services below available on the TNREGINET portal.
Services available on the TNREGINET portal.
- You can check your stamp duty valuation.
- You can calculate building value.
- You can apply for encumbrance certificate and also you can check the status of the same,
- You can make the Abstract for Draft Deed.
- You can register for a marriage certificate, Birth Certificate, and Death Certificate.
- You can get certified copies of registered documents.
How to get the Certified Copy of registered documents Online on the TNREGINET portal?
Citizens of Tamil Nadu state can get the certified copy of registered documents on this portal. Once the payment is done by your side against the application then sub-registrar will process your request and your document will be available to download in your account after verification of the application.
- Open the official website of the TNREGINET portal and login to the portal.
- Locate the E-services tab on the portal homepage and click on Search and Apply CC option under the Certified Copy tab.
- Then the search document menu will open you can select the document type from the drop-down option.
- You can even search the document using Document Number, Sub Registrar office, and year.
- After searching the document, documents details will be shown on the TNREGINET portal Apply Online option will be available.
- In the next section, you have to enter the personal details such as Name, and Mobile Number. Enter the details and click proceed to the payment screen.
- On the payment screen, for e-payment portal will show you the fees breakup. You can check that and you can proceed for the payment.
- Once the payment is done by your end, the respective department will send you the certified copy of the desired document in your portal’s account after successful verification and approval.
By following the above-mentioned steps you will get the certified copy of any desired document.
How to apply for an Encumbrance certificate online on tnreginet.gov.in?
Citizens of Tamil Nadu state can get the Encumbrance certificate on this portal (tnreginet.gov.in). Once the payment is done by your side against the application then the sub-registrar will process your request and your Encumbrance certificate will be available to download in your account after verification of the application.
- If you have registered on the portal then login to the TNREGINET portal. If you haven’t registered yet follow the registration steps mentioned above and get yourself registered on the portal.
- Locate the E-services tab on the portal homepage and click on Search and Apply EC option under the Encumbrance certificate tab.
- You have to enter the details like zone, district, and sub-registrar office.
- Then you have to enter the EC search parameters with details such as the village name and its survey number. You can enter the multiple survey numbers as well.
- Then enter your house details such as Door No., Plot No., Ward, and Block.
- In the next section enter the Boundary Details. Boundary details what are the things surrounding your area. It can be road, temple, building, or any other thing.
- In the next section, you have to provide the Extent Details and other Additional Details such as old survey number, T.S No., Flat No., Old door No., Name of declared owner, and father name.
- After filling all the information, the portal will list all the Documents related to the entered village and survey details. Then click on Apply Online.
- After clicking on apply now, you have to personal details such as Name, and Mobile Number. Then click on next and proceed for the Payment screen.
- On the payment screen, the portal will show up the fees breakup.
- Check the payment details as well as other details and click on submit.
- On the next page choose the payment mode and bank.
- After the successful Payment, the Payment details such transaction id and bank ref. no. will be listed. You can generate the acknowledgment copy as well.
- Acknowledgment and the request will be sent to the Sub-Registrar Office for verification and processing.
- After verification and approval of the Application by the Sub-Registrar. Encumbrance certificate will be issued and you can download the site from the TNREGINET portal by login to the portal.
- You can view and download the Digitally Signed Encumbrance certificate from the TNREGINET portal by login to the portal. After login go to E-Services>Encumbrance Certificate> Request List to view the certificate.
- You can use the QR code present in the certificate to check the details such as Application Number, SRO Name, and the direct link to view the Encumbrance certificate PDF.
- After downloading the PDF open the PDF in Adobe PDF reader and validate the online sign. Follow the steps below to validate the signature.
- Click on the digital signature present at the bottom of the certificate.
- Then go to Signature Properties > Show Signer’s Certificate > Trust option > Add to Trusted Certificates.
- Then click on Validate Signature, the success message will be shown in the popup as ‘Signature is VALID with tick mark highlighted in the green’ as shown below:
You can watch the video tutorial on how to apply for the Encumbrance Certificate on the TNREGINET portal.
Documents required for the Encumbrance Certificate.
- Attested copy of address proof.
- Property details such as survey no,.etc.
- Copy of power of attorney.
- Aadhar Card.
- Copy of sale deed.
Key benefits of the Encumbrance Certificate.
Encumbrance Certificate is a very dominant document as it has many benefits.
- It shows all the records of landowners.
- It shows all the records of the available land of a registered person.
- It shows all the past transactions related to the particular land.
- To establish legal ownership on any property it is one of the important documents.
Frequently Asked Question about TNREGINET portal.
Q.Where should I check the transaction status for my e-payment?
A. Open the TNREGINET portal and go to E-services > E-Payment > Payment > Payment status to check the payment status.
Q. What is the use of the Encumbrance Certificate?
A. Using the Encumbrance certificate you can establish legal ownership on any property and it is one of the important documents.
Q. Can I add more than one property in a single Encumbrance Certificate?
A. Yes, you can add more than one property.
Q. How to view and download the Encumbrance certificate?
A. You can view and download the Digitally Signed Encumbrance certificate from the TNREGINET portal by login to the portal. After login go to E-Services>Encumbrance Certificate> Request List to view the certificate
Q. Do Sub-Registrar’s Office provide the registration details directly?
A. Yes, they can provide the registration details.
You can check our government schemes page to know about other government schemes in India.