Samajik Suraksha Pension Yojana (SSPY) is the pension scheme of Uttar Pradesh state. The programme is also known as Samajwadi Pension Scheme.SSPY is divided into three projects, which are Old Age Pension, Widow Pension, Divyang Pension. The main aim of all these schemes is to provide financial stability to the people of rural areas. We will see each pension scheme one by one first to get the exact idea of how these pension schemes work.
Old Age Pension: Part of SSPY
The central government of India and state governments are funding the “Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension Scheme (IGOAPS),” and it is managed by the Social Welfare Department from 1994. Under this Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension Scheme(IGOAPS), older people who have the age above 60 years and which are below the poverty line (BPL) are eligible to receive Rs.300 monthly pension directly in the bank account. From April 1, 2011, it is decided that the Central Government will contribute Rs.200, and the State Government will add Rs.100 in the pension schemes for the people whose age is 60-79 years, and Central Government will provide the Rs.500 pension for the people who are above 80 years.
The Gram Panchayat selects eligible candidates in rural areas and urban areas, Sub-district officer / District magistrate, selects the candidates after proper verification. Gram Panchayats sent the applications to the Social Welfare Department, and then after verification, pensioners get the pension in a bank account. Every year pensioners list get verified in May & June and get updated with new pensioners by replacing the dead pensioners.
Widow Pension: Part of SSPY
Widow whose age is between 18-60 and who are below the poverty line, gets a pension of Rs.300 per month. Children’s of the widow must be minor, or if they are not minor, they must be unable to nourish is the essential eligibility criteria to get the pension. If a widow is married again or she is availing other government schemes, then she is not eligible for the pension. The Gram Panchayat selects qualified candidates in rural areas and urban areas, Sub-district officer / District magistrate, selects the candidates after proper verification.
Divyang Pension: Part of SSPY
The disabled people whose age is more than 18 year and have a disability of at least 40% living below the poverty line. If the candidate is availed old age pension scheme, widow pension scheme or any other pension scheme, then he is not eligible for Divyang pension. If there is any confusion regarding the eligibility, then-District magistrate’s decision will be final. If candidates pass all eligibility criteria, then they will receive the Rs.500 monthly pension in a bank account. Candidates will be served as first come first serve basis, and also it will be dependant on budget allocation.
To apply any of the three pensions schemes of Samajik Suraksha Pension Yojana (SSPY), a candidate must be a citizen of Uttar Pradesh.
If you are eligible for any pension service from the pension services as mentioned earlier, then you can download this application form to apply, or you can apply online here. You can submit the application form to Gram Panchayat office in a rural area, and in an urban area, you can send the form to District Magistrate (DM) office.
If you are not able to apply online and need any kind of help to apply for Samajik Suraksha Pension Yojana (SSPY )then you can watch the below video :
If you have already applied for Samajik Suraksha Pension Yojana (SSPY) then continue to read the guide, I will tell how to check the SSPY UP list for FY 2020.
How to check the SSPY UP list for FY 2020?
If you have availed the pension scheme earlier and you are waiting for the Pensioners list of SSPY, then your wait is over because the government has published the SSPY UP Pension List 2020 Of Uttar Pradesh Pensioners online on sspy-up.gov.in.So follow the steps to check the SSPY UP Pension List 2020.
- First, open the UP government’s portal for SSPY – sspy-up.gov.in.And click on “पेंशनर सूची (2020-21)” under the tab पेंशनर सूची.
- Then it will show you all districts with no of pensioners respective to that district. Click on your district.
- Then it will show you all the development blocks for rural areas. If you scroll down, it will show you civic body for urban areas under the district with no of pensioners respective to that development block & civic body. Click on your development block or civic body according to the city.
- On the next page, if you click on development block, then it will show you the under that development block, and if you click on the civic body, then it will show the wards under that civic body.
- Click on your gram panchayat or ward it will show the no of pensioners in front of the gram panchayat name. Click on that number it will open the pensioner’s list of your gram panchayat.
- After opening the list, it will show you the list of all pensioners for a quarter 1 with all the details like:
- Application Number
- Fathers Name
- Fund amount.
- Personal details like age, caste, last four digits of mobile number and address.
- Bank account details like name of the bank, last four digits of the account number and transaction status.
- This list is small so can easily find your name in the list but will you do when is list big with a large number of pensioners. Still, you can find it using your name, application number or last four digits of mobile number. You can use the “Find In Page” tool of browser. If you are using the browser on PC then press “Ctrl+ F” it will show you the popup add your details like name or last four digits of mobile number. It will show you the exact result.
This is how you can check the SSPY UP Pension List 2020 Of Uttar Pradesh Pensioners.
Due to COVID19 Pandemic, Central government announced that old age, disabled pensioners and widows will get the advance pension of 3 months. An amount of 871 crores was sanctioned for a total of 86.7 lakh beneficiaries.
- Old Age Pension: 496.71 crores released for 9,87,054 beneficiaries.
- Divyang Pension: 106.78 crores released for 10,67,789 beneficiaries.
- Widow Pension : 260.63 crore released for 26,02,213 beneficiaries.
Indian Government is working hard to provide financial stability to the people of India, for more schemes check out our government schemes page.