Post Matric Scholarship MP is an initiative from the Government to provide financial aid to students who completed secondary and want to continue higher studies in Madhya Pradesh. So, deserving students can continue higher studies without worrying about fees.
But this scheme isn’t available for all students as it has specific criteria that a student should match to avail of the benefits.
The Government has developed a separate web portal for students to apply and check all the details about the scheme.
If you don’t know much about the scheme and want to know the details, this post is for you. Here, I’ll take you through every key point of this program so that you get a clear idea.
The best thing about the post-matric scholarship mp application is that it’s free, and any eligible candidate can apply for it without any cost.
I also shared the process below that you need to go through to do that on your own.
Not all students are eligible to benefit from Post Matric Scholarship MP, as the Government has set specific criteria to select the students so that the needy get financial assistance.
For OBC Students
Students from the Other Backward Classes(OBC) can benefit from this scholarship for post-secondary levels. But the family income should be under Rs. 300000 to get a 100% scholarship, and above that amount isn’t eligible for this scholarship.
For SC Students
If a student belongs to Scheduled Cast(SC) can apply for this scholarship and take the benefits. But the annual family income should be under 250000 to be eligible for this scheme.
For ST Students
Students who are from the Scheduled Tribe(ST) can get benefit from this scholarship. But the students only get a 50% scholarship if their family income is from Rs. 500001 or Rs. 600000, and to get a 100% scholarship amount, the income should be under Rs. 500000. If the income crosses 6 Lakh per annum, the student won’t be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
To apply for Post Matric Scholarship MP, you need to have a few documents ready to showcase your eligibility for the benefits. Those are:
- A passport-size photo
- Marksheet of Secondary examination.
- Residential Certificate
- Family Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Account Details
Table of Contents
How To Apply For Post Matric Scholarship MP online?
Now, if you’re eligible for the scholarship and have all the documents ready, you can apply for it online.
For that, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- First, you need to navigate to the official website https://scholarshipportal.mp.nic.in/.
- Then, scroll down, and you’ll see “Post Matric Scholarship Scheme” It’ll also contain the caste name beside it, so choose the one accordingly.
- An application form will open on the next screen, where you must accurately fill up every required detail.
- Once done, cross-check every detail and Submit the form.
- On the next page, it’ll ask you to upload scanned copies of your documents, so do that.
- You must recheck the details and click Submit to complete the application process.
How To Check Post Matric Scholarship MP application status?
If you have already applied for Post Matric Scholarship MP and want to know the application status, the following steps will help you do that.
- On the web page, scroll down and see “Get Your Application Status”; click that.
- Now, it’ll ask you to log in to your account, so enter your User ID and Password and click the Login
- Once done, it’ll take you to the dashboard, and you’ll be able to see every information.’
Reasons for rejection of MP scholarship form and not receiving scholarship.
There are many reasons for MP Scholarship Online Form being rejected and scholarship not coming, which are as follows.
- If your parent’s income certificate is more than 3 years old, then your form may be rejected because the income certificate must have been made within 3 years.
- If you have left the college after taking the first year scholarship and then you have taken admission in the college again in the next year. Then your form will be rejected if you apply again.
- Even after giving some wrong information while filling the Scholarship Form, your form will be rejected and your scholarship will not come.
- Many times the bank account is deactivated or closed due to non-transaction, if this also does not result in scholarship. Before filling the form, make sure to do a transaction from your bank account.
- Scholarship does not come even if you enter wrong bank account number or wrong IFSC code.
- If the bank account which you have given in the form is in someone else’s name then also the scholarship will not come. Bank account must be in your name.
- You have entered the name of the bank, but you have entered the IFSC code of some other bank, even then your form will be rejected.
Who can apply for Post Matric Scholarship MP?
Those students who belong to ST/SC/OBC qualified for the Matriculation examination, and are residents of Madhya Pradesh can apply for this Post Matric Scholarship MP.
Is this Scholarship available for students who study in Private Colleges?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the scholarship to get the full benefit of the program even when studying in Private colleges.
What is the official website to apply for Post Matric Scholarship MP?
The official website is https://scholarshipportal.mp.nic.in/.
So, this was everything about Post Matric Scholarship MP. Hopefully, you have understood everything about it and successfully applied it. If you still have any questions, please drop them in the comments below and visit the Homepage for more articles.