Candidates can check the Ration Card status on Maharashtra Government’s Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department’s official portal (mahafood.gov.in). Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department of Maharashtra government will release the ration card list. Please read the full article to know how you can check your ration card status.
Table of Contents
Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department of Maharashtra government Overview.
The Food and Civil Supplies Department was formed in March 1965 by separating the Supply Department from the Agriculture, Food, and Co-operation Department. Weights and measures were removed from the Department of Industry, Energy, and Labor in December 1977 and brought under the control of the Department of Civil Supplies. This department mainly controls the supply and demand of essential commodities in the open trade as well as matters relating to the public distribution system. The main responsibility of this department is to keep the prices stable by enforcing various control orders under the Essential Commodities Act, 1955, and to take action on matters relating to weights and measures.
The main objectives of the department.
- Strengthening the targeted public distribution system.
- Ensuring the easy availability of essential commodities at reasonable rates.
- Creating storage capacity for the public distribution system.
- To protect and promote the interests of consumers by implementing the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
The following sub-divisions work in the administrative room of this department.
- Offices of State Commission and District Forum.
- Ration supply system in the Mumbai Thane area.
- Supply Offices at the level of Divisional Commissioner and Collector.
- Director, Civil Supplies (Warehouse and Transport), Mumbai.
- Office of the Commissioner of Supplies.
- Divisional and District Offices under the jurisdiction of the Controller, Validation Science, Mumbai
- Office of the Financial Adviser and Deputy Secretary.
Maharashtra Ration Card.
Before the guide on the ration card status begins, I will through some lights on Maharashtra Ration Card types and its history.
A scheme to provide food grains at subsidized rates to the families below the poverty line with a focus on the poor was introduced in the State from June 1, 1997, under the Minimum Common Program of the Central Government. Under this scheme, initially, 10 kg of foodgrains per family per month was provided to the poor families at half the prevailing rate. The quantity of foodgrains was then increased from April 1, 2000, to provide 20 kg of foodgrains per family per month. After that from April 1, 2002, the yellow ration cardholders below the poverty line were being given 35 kg of grain (wheat and rice) per month and the orange ration cardholders were being given 15 kg of grain (rice and wheat) per month.
Initially, the central government had fixed 60.34 lakh BPL beneficiaries for the state under the public distribution system. Subsequently, the number of families below the poverty line has been fixed at 65.34 lakh by increasing the previous target for the state based on the population of the year 2000.
The implementation of the National Food Security Act has started in the state from February 1, 2014. Accordingly, there are two groups of beneficiaries, the Antyodaya group, and the priority group. The beneficiaries of the Antyodaya group are given 35 kg of foodgrains per month as before, while the beneficiaries of the priority group are given 5 kg of foodgrains per person per month. Please continue to read the article to know how you can check your ration card status.
Earlier criteria for ration card under TPDS.
Considering the increase in the number of BPL families in the state by the Central Government, the State Government decided to issue yellow ration cards to the families whose names are included in the IRDP’s 1997-98 list and whose annual income is Rs. 15,000 / – or less. All the families who are eligible for a yellow ration card based on these criteria will be the beneficiaries of this scheme. Later on, the tricolor ration card scheme was implemented. Based on the income, government-issued ration card to people with three different colors.
Tricolour ration card.
Generally, people from rich families do not buy food from ration shops. Therefore, if we stop giving foodgrains from the ration card to the families who do not take food grains at all, the malpractices will be reduced and foodgrains will be made available to the needy families on the ration card. With this in mind, the tricolor ration card scheme has been implemented in the state from May 5, 1999. Accordingly, three-color ration cards are distributed to all ration cardholders in the state as per the following criteria.
Criteria for Yellow ration cards.
- To be included in the IRDP’s list for the year 1997-98 and the annual income of the family should be limited to Rs. 15,000 / -.
- No member of the family should be a doctor, lawyer, architect, chartered accountant.
- No one in the family should pay or be eligible to pay business tax, sales tax, or income tax.
- The family should not have a residential telephone.
- The family should not have a four-wheeler.
- The family member should not have a total of two hectares of arable land or one hectare of the seasonal orchard or half a hectare of the perennial orchard (double its area in a drought taluka).
- As per Government Resolution dated 9.9.2008, all VD workers in the state as well as all the families of Pardhi and Kolhati community and as per Government Resolution dated 29.9.2008 and 21.2.2009, It was decided to give temporary BPL ration card to abandoned and destitute women. After that, it has been amended by the Government Resolution dated 17.01.2011.
- As per Government Resolution dated 17.3.2003 it has been decided to give the benefits of yellow ration cards to the workers of closed mills such as yarn mills, textile mills, sugar mills, etc. in the state temporarily.
Criteria for Orange Ration Card.
- The combined annual income of the family should not be more than Rs. 15,000 / – but not more than 1 lakh or more.
- No one in the family should have a four-wheeled mechanical vehicle. (Excluding taxi driver).
- There should not be 4 hectares or more of perennial horticultural land in the name of all the members of the family.
Criteria for priority group ration card.
- Beneficiaries in the Beneficiary list (B-1) registered under the Targeted Public Distribution System under the National Food Security Act, 2013, who have mentioned annual family income in the prescribed format in 2011. According to that Beneficiaries in an urban area with an annual family income of up to Rs. 59,000 / – are eligible as beneficiaries and in rural areas income up to Rs. 44,000 / – as eligible beneficiaries.
Criteria for white ration card.
- White ration cards are issued to families whose combined annual income is 1 lakh or more or who has a four-wheeler or more than four hectares of perennial agricultural land in the name of all the members of the family.
Public Retail Price Per K.G. as per Maharashtra Government’s Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department
Documents required to check the ration card status.
To check the ration card status on Maharashtra Government’s Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department’s official portal (mahafood-gov-in) you will need only ration card number only. If you don’t have the ration card number then you can’t check the ration card status online. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the ration card status.
Steps to check Maharashtra Ration Card status & Ration Card list 2023.
- Visit the Maharashtra Government’s Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department’s official portal to check the ration card status.
- After opening the portal locate the “Transparency Portal” tab in the left side row and click on it.
- In that transparency portal, you will find these services.
- District Food Supply Officer/Food Distribution Officer
- Taluka Food Supply Officer
- District wise State Godown Details
- District wise Fair Price Shop Details (Data under Validation)
- Ration Cards Details (Data under Validation)
- FPS wise Online Allocation
- Taluka wise Online Allocation
- Allocation Generation Status
- Automated FPS
- To check the ration card status you have to click on “Allocation Generation Status”.
- Then enter your ration card details and check your ration card status.
These are the steps to check the ration card status online. Follow these steps correctly and check your ration card status if your citizen of Maharashtra.
How to search ration card online?
- Visit the Maharashtra Government’s Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department’s official portal to search the ration card.
- Check the Online Services section on the home page and click on “Online Fair Price Shops” under the online services section.
- Online FPS portal open then click on”AePDS-All Districts”.
- Then you have to open the “RC details” tab, enter your Ration Card Number and click on submit details.
- The new window will open with all ration card details. For more details please watch the below-mentioned video:
I hope you enjoyed the guide on ration card status, you can also check other government schemes here.